Why Basic Income? Why Basic Income?

Decent animation and nice production quality. Fundamentally flawed premise: If everyone is riding in the wagon, who is going to pull the wagon?

1.You say that automation will destroy jobs, then later claim it will help people be more entrepreneurial. What?

2. Also flawed reasoning: the incentive is stripped from the would-be-entrepreneur. Why work when he can have things handed to him? Also, why bother becoming wealthy when his wealth will be taken from him? You are dooming the creative thinker to a life of mediocrity.

Nothing about nature is "equal"; you can't defy the laws of reality. All redistributive economics either fail (see Venezuela) or are currently riding off the success of capitalist countries (see Iceland).

adamanimates responds:

1. It sounds like a contradiction when put like that, but both things are true. My point is that people aren't lazier when you give them money. You were told that by the rich so they wouldn't have their taxes go up. There still will be jobs for a long time to come, and we need innovation and the basis for people to build on their ideas. One example of what I mean by entrepreneurial is that in the study in India, some people from poor villages were able to buy fishing gear and thus have a way to support themselves when they couldn't before.

Automation is also absolutely destroying jobs at the same time. All the repetitive, systematic stuff is getting automated as fast as it can. Maybe In the super long term, even that fisherman in India won't have a job because some machine catches the fish and sells them cheaper than he can afford to live on. What would you suggest then? I'd say that a portion of the massive gain in productivity should go to keeping people alive. In the case if everyone is riding in the wagon, robots are pulling the wagon. Until we get to that point, most of us pull with increasing help from machines.

2. Would you stop working after earning $12,000 in a year? That's the most common number thrown around for Basic Income. It could start lower than that, as it already does in the current system working in Alaska (about $2000). The work disincentive is a fiction. There's a lot of evidence about this, and it's all in the links up there. Basic Income is designed to avoid the current welfare trap, which is when people earn more by staying home instead of working. Once they start a job, a big chuck of their benefits disappear and it's not worth it. Basic income gradually tapers off the benefits until you make a middle-class salary, so there's no reason to not try and better your situation.

As for your ideas about redistributive economics, they are grounded in ideology and probably can't be changed by anything I type. But hey, I'll give it a shot. I think for Venezuela you have the cause and effect backwards. Venezuela's social programs are mostly funded by oil money, which accounts for 95% of exports. So what happens when oil prices go down? I don't see how it's the fault of the average Venezuelan for what the Saudis are doing with oil prices.

You're using the old arguments against communism, but Basic Income is a pretty capitalist idea. It was supported by who I imagine is one of your heroes, Milton Friedman. He wanted a way to simplify the massive bureaucracy of the welfare system. Turns out Basic Income is a more efficient way to do that. It almost was implemented in the States in 1969, but Democrats blocked it.

Cracked Out Seinfeld Cracked Out Seinfeld

FANTASTIC

Snacks On A Plane Snacks On A Plane

You have a bizarre mind - in a good way. I liked this for being so odd.

The only thing I really think is weak was the transition from explosion to beach. It was just so abrupt.

Super Smash Monsters - Web Super Smash Monsters - Web

This has a lot of potential but is still pretty rough around the edges. Voted yes on Greenlight.

Enemies mechanics are fairly boring; slow and predictable. I would like to see more variety and diverse behavior/movement patterns from them. Visuals really need some improvement but they get the job done.

The boss battle was easily the most enjoyable part. It felt a lot like Binding of Issac boss fights, but thats not a bad thing.

I like where this is going.

MoraesStudio responds:

Thanks for voting, I will improve the game until the final version

Trump's World Trump's World

Art was good at least. Gameplay was bad; carnival games are for carnivals. They do not make for good video game mechanics.

Taco Trump Down Taco Trump Down

Bravo, my friend! You've captured the anti-American, pro-immigrant vigor and anti-capitalist, pro-welfare mentality of the progressive left in one game! It feels good encouraging criminals from failing countries to enter our great one.

And let's not forget the shit on Donald Trump metaphor! Shit on something you don't like, even though it wants to help save its own country? Brilliant allegory for the left!

Consider this for the sequel: You should make a sequel where Taco Man helps the cartel sell drugs in America and leads his downtrodden people to leech welfare off of Trump's America! Maybe Taco Man can help his people commit a few rapes on the way?

Gameplay is simple enough; I just wish there were more obstacles to destroy. Perhaps throw in some upgrades between rounds.

Ghost Town DJ - My Boo (FoxyPanda Remix) Ghost Town DJ - My Boo (FoxyPanda Remix)

This sounds awesome :D

foxypanda69 responds:

Thanks cutie ;)

-:: Final Stand of Humanity ::- -:: Final Stand of Humanity ::-

I really enjoy listening to this. The energy feels amazing.

I say this music is as good as your description is retarded: very.

Agitat0r responds:

Edit. Ok, I felt stupid a few hours ago when I wrote this reply. Damn chemo side-effects.

Sorry if I was dumb as fuck.

Automated V-Day Card Automated V-Day Card

ITS ALMOST THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN. perfect

Birth by Sleep Birth by Sleep

The ripple effects look pretty cool

'Bat King!' 'Bat King!'

Call be biased, but I'll never stop being able to gush how much I love this

Butzbo responds:

Glad you liked it! looking back it was a bit 'risky' to add color, but I'm pretty glad with how it turned out :D
Btw, now that I've gone through most of the game, the Bat was a surprisingly though boss, hahah!

Knight Knight

Call me biased but I love the lighting in this

Sirmi responds:

Thanks man! I was really trying to get it to feel like a portrait. Hope it got across alright
Also kiss me